Great appetizer for the Big Game next weekend!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- • Meatballs • •
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup Vigo Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt, to taste
- Alessi Fresh Ground Black Peppercorns, to taste
- • Sauce • •
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Five Spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon flour (as a thickener)
- • Accompaniment • •
- 1 package Vigo Coconut Ginger RiceAdd
- • Optional Garnishes • •
- green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine meatball ingredients until well blended.
- Shape meatballs into 2-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until browned and thoroughly cooked, about 25 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare sauce in a medium saucepan. Combine all ingredients except for the flour and whisk over medium heat.
- Start cooking coconut ginger rice, per package instructions.
- Once sauce nears a boil, remove a few tablespoons to a small bowl, add flour and mix. Add flour mixture back to saucepan and stir until thickened.
- Place cooked meatballs in saucepan and coat.
- Serve meatballs over coconut ginger rice, top with green onions and sesame seeds, as desired
Makes approximately 14 meatballs.